Books which have been important for me on my journey and which have informed and inspired me in my work with clients.
- The Artists’s Way – Julia Cameron
A course in working with blocks to creativity; daily tools and exercises for growing and inspiring yourself.
- Non violent Communication – A Language of Life – Marshall B. Rosenberg
‘Create your life, your relationships and your world in harmony with your values.’ Beautifully simple and life changing stuff!
- Full Catastrophe Living – Jon Kabat-Zinn
How to cope with stress, pain and illness using mindfulness meditation.
In depth look at whole range of helpful practices with many beneficial side effects.
- The Endorphin Effect – William Bloom
A breakthrough strategy for holistic health and spiritual wellbeing.
‘The techniques it teaches can improve health on both an emotional and a physical level while enhancing the quality of your life.’
- Women Food and God – Geneen Roth
An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything.
‘Roth powerfully urges us to pay attention to what we truly need – which cannot be found in a supermarket.’
- Parenting from the Inside Out – Daniel J Siegel and Mary Hartzell
How a deeper self understanding can help you raise children who thrive.
Draws on new findings in neurobiology and attachment research.
- Care of the Soul – Thomas Moore
A guide for cultivating depth and sacredness in every day life.
Chapters on The Family and Childhood; Gifts of Depression; Jealousy and Envy; Poetics of Illness; Love.
- Anam Cara – John O’Donohue
Spiritual Wisdom from the Celtic World – ‘a place where your heart can be healed and nourished’.
- A Path with Heart – Jack Kornfield
A guide through the perils and promises of spiritual life. A classic on meditation, the process of inner transformation and integration of spiritual practice into every day life.
- Staying Alive – ed Neil Astley
Amazing Poetry Anthology ‘what we have felt yet never fully articulated’.
‘Sitting alone in a room with these poems is to be assured that you are not alone, you are not crazy.. ‘
- What we may be – Piero Ferrucci
Techniques for Psychological and Spiritual Growth through Psychosynthesis.
- The Book of Awakening – Mark Nepo
Having the life you want by being present to the life you have.
A ‘day book’ with daily readings – doses of what really matters …’a beautiful book about life, informed by the shadows of death’.